
Sabatini, Sabatini, Sabatini! What a girl. After adopting two greys, I really thought that in no way could we ever have a third dog in the house. But as a bounce, Sabatini came back into the SEGA fold with some issues. Maria Peters and family straightened many of her issues out and then I took her on to finish the job. I took Jennifer Bachelor's advice and kept her on a leash for at least three days so that she'd learn her limits and know who's boss. After that, my puppy acted like such a little lady. Though I spoke often about my wishes for Sabatini to have just the right forever family, never would I have imagined that we'd adopt her. My husband must have noted my concerns because he suggested adopting her to ensure that she does live with the right family.
Actually Sabatini is not a puppy though she's got the spirit of one. Sabatini just turned four years old and has been ours for one year. This little girl gets so excited about walk time. She barks when it's time to go. It's about the only time she barks so I let her really express herself. In fact, I try to get her to bark on command (just for the heck of it).
Sabatini is the only one of our dogs that gets the zoomies. The others fein a chase but give up quickly. They just don't share her enthusiasm. She also loves her bones. She carries them inside, outside, room to room.
And I must mention poor Sab's storm phobia. It doesn't even have to be a storm. Rain and/or wind is enough to send her hiding. This is just her reality, and we try to ignore it and welcome her back when the weather has passed.
3 comments:
"Tini";
Don't tell your sisters Cher and Arwen but you are my favorite! :)
Geees... I can't believe you've had her a year already. Time flies. I feel your pain on the storm phobia. Been there, done that, and I hope never again.
Sabatini is a lucky girl!
Jen
What a love. I am so glad she found her way to you and your girls! Not to mention the hub, who needs to be commended for his open heart.
Post a Comment